Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC)
CGPSC Exam Pattern for State Service Examination
Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission conducts various examinations for the recruitment of the most dynamic, eligible and qualified candidates in State Civil Services and all the other administrative services of the Government of Chhattisgarh. In this post, we have discussed the scheme of the examination, marks distribution and the eligibility criteria for the exam.
The CGPSC State Services Exam has three stages:
- CGPSC Prelims Exam
- CGPSC Main Exam
CGPSC Prelims Exam
The CGPSC for State Services Exam consists of two compulsory paper of objective type. The duration of the exam is 2 hours each.
Paper I: The Paper I consist of General studies (Questions 100, Marks 200 and Duration 2 Hr). There are 1/3 negative marks for each wrong answer.
Paper II: The Paper II is an Aptitude Test (Questions 100, Marks 200 and Duration 2 Hr). There are 1/3 negative marks for each wrong answer.
Minimum Qualifying marks: In each question paper there is a minimum qualifying mark. The minimum qualifying mark is
Unreserved Category: 33%
Reserved Category and Handicapped Candidates: 23%
Note: The Paper II is qualifying in nature and the mark obtained in paper II will not be added while preparing the merit list. The merit list will be based on the mark obtained in Paper I only.
The Mains exam consists of seven papers. The nature of the exam will be conventional in nature (short/medium/long) type. Each paper will be of 200 marks and the duration of the exam is 3 hr.
|Name of Paper||Subjects||Duration||Marks|
|Paper I||Language||3 hr||200|
|Paper II||Essay||3 hr||200|
|Paper III||History, Constitution and Public Administration||3 hr||200|
|Paper IV||Science, Technology and Environment||3 hr||200|
|Paper V||Economics and Geography||3 hr||200|
|Paper VI||Mathematics and Logical Ability||3 hr||200|
|Paper VII||Philosophy and Sociology||3 hr||200|
Points to be Noted about Mains Exam
- All the paper except Language paper can be answered in either Hindi or English as chosen by the candidate.
- In the Essay paper, candidates have to write 2 Essay one on a National level problem and other related to the state of Chhattisgarh.
Paper III to Paper VII will contain a question as mentioned below
|Sections||Number of question||Word Limit||Marks of Each question|
Interview/ Personality Test
The candidates for the personality test will be selected on the basis of the merit list based on the marks obtained in Mains Exam. The Personality test will be of 150 marks. The final merit list of candidates recommended for the services will be based on the cumulative marks of Mains Exam and Personality Test.
Syllabus for CGPSC State service exam
Syllabus for Prelims Exam
The Prelims exam consists of two paper.
- Paper I: The syllabus of general studies is divided into two parts. Part I consist of the Static portion and current affairs.
- Part II: General knowledge of Chhattisgarh.
Syllabus for Mains Exam
Paper I is the Language paper
- Part o1: General Hindi
- Part 02: General Sanskrit
- Part 03: General English
- Part 04: Chhattisgadi Language
Paper II is Essay paper
- Part 01: Problems of National Level
- Part 02: Problems of state of Chhattisgarh
Paper III consist of History, Constitution and Public Administration.
- Part 01: History of India
- Part 02: Indian National Movement
- Part 03: History of Chhattisgarh and Contribution of Chhattisgarh in National Movement
- Part 04: Constitution of India
- Part 05: Public Administration
Paper IV consists of Science, Technology and Environment.
- Part 01: Chemistry
- Part 02: Physics
- Part 03: Biology
- Part 04: Technology
- Part 05: Environment
Paper V consists of Economics & Geography.
- Part 01: Indian Economics
- Part 02: Planning in India
- Part 03: Geography of Chhattisgarh –
- Part 04: Economics of Chhattisgarh
- Part 05: Agriculture, Forest, Industry and Natural Resource of Chhattisgarh
Paper VI consists of Mathematics & Logical Ability.
- Part 01: Rational Numbers
- Part 02: Coordinate Geometry
- Part 03: Binary digit system, change in binary number to decimal number and decimal number to binary number. Algorithm method
- Part 04: Data Analysis – Mathematical operation Basic numeric
- Part 05: Logical Reasoning
Paper VII consists of Philosophy and Sociology.
- Part 01: Indian Philosophy and Yog
- Part 02: Sociology – Sociology
- Part 03: Tribes of Chhattisgarh
- Part 04: Art of Chhattisgarh
- Part 05: Culture of Chhattisgarh